Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tears and Exhaustion


As I have said before, the physical therapist with First Steps recommended that Gabriel wear soft-soled, hightop shoes. It has been quite an ordeal trying to find them in his size. As one helpful salesperson reminded me, most kids his size are already walking. (Duh!!!) So finally I found the shoes! I paid $40 at Dillards for Stride Rite shoes. (I rarely pay that much for my own shoes --- Geez!)

Anyhow, yesterday Gabriel and I went Meijer to grocery shop. The kiddo cried nonstop from the time I put him in his carseat at home until we were in the checkout lane. It was a miserable shopping trip, and I felt like everyone in the store was wondering why I wasn 't doing anything about it. I couldn't figure out what to do for him! Finally, at the checkout lane, I took the shoes off as a last resort to figure out his problem. The tears stopped immediately! The kid was so exhausted after an hour of crying that he fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept for two hours at home.

Now the question is: Try the shoes again? Return them and say forget it?

2 comments:

the lewis gang said...

I would try them a couple of more times before you completely throw in the towel. If the same things happens repeatedly, I would definitely take them back. I would ask First Steps for other recommendations because I'm not sure his pain and discomfort are worth it. Not that I'm the mommy of a toddler yet, but just a suggestion from my plethora of years as a teacher. ha ha! :)

The Powers Bunch said...

Keep trying...I agree with Janelle, I would ask the First Steps therapist. Gabriel is a doll and getting so big!