Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Mom, Grace, and I went to Cincinnati Children's Hospital yesterday to their Center for Breastfeeding Medicine. I feel like this clinic was a prayer answered. I had literally prayed for someone who could treat Grace and me together for our thrush and for someone who actually knew a great deal about breastfeeding. The doctor evaluated both of us, took a thorough history of our breastfeeding problems, and then made a diagnosis. She said that I was using so much topical medication that it was irritating and making my symptoms worse. She advised me to stop the gentian violet (Hooray!) and took me off of the APNO. She prescribed a Nystatin ointment in its place because the Nystatin is a gentler medication. She increased the dose of my oral medication and refilled Grace's original prescription of Nystatin oral suspension. I am supposed to call and talk to the doctor in two weeks. Based on our conversation, she will decide if we need another two weeks of medication, a change in medications, or declare us cured. For all breastfeeding or future breastfeeding moms, this is an awesome resource. Keep it in mind for any possible breastfeeding problems (I hope that you don't ever need it though).

2 comments:

the lewis gang said...

i'm so glad to hear you feel better about the situation. i had to use that nystatin cream too. i hope that it works for you, and you and grace are declared cured!!

The Powers Bunch said...

I am so happy things are working out...hope all continues to go well!