Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hip-hip-hooray!

We have been 8 days without electricity. It has been inconvenient and, at times, frustrating. We have had a good week though. We have had the opportunity for many things this past week. We have gotten to know our neighbors next door a little more. We have enjoyed PERFECT weather. The kids and I got to spend a lot of quality time together and played a lot of new pretend games. Housework that would never have been done (cleaning behind the refrigerator) has been done.

We were so excited to come home from Grandma and Papa's house tonight to find our lights back on tonight. I have run the dishwasher, sterilized pacifiers, started laundry, and reset my alarm clock for work tomorrow.

I have missed my blogging hobby in the past week. I have a lot of catching up to do because we had many Kodak moments while I have been home with the kids this past week. I will work this week to get caught up!

If any of my blogging friends are related to Duke linemen, please send them our thanks. We appreciate their hardwork so much. We know that they have put in many long hours and worked around the clock for the past week. They have more work ahead of them, and we appreciate them and the work that they do.

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

yeah! i am glad you are back! i've missed you!

danraymac said...

that was a very nice comment about the duke workers. everyone is very quick to complain about no electricity, but not so quick to thank someone for when they get it back.