Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas at the Lindsey's

Yesterday afternoon,Carly and Steve hosted a little Christmas gathering for family.  We are always so busy at holiday time that it's difficult to get together. 
Barbara enjoyed a cocktail Dan made called a Christmas Tree.  He adapted a recipe for a shot that we had at the McAfee's Christmas dinner party and turned it into a martini.
The kids opened gifts.
Grace got this adorable Scentsy elephant.  It smells like coconut lemon.  At first she was not impressed . . . as you can see by the picture.  She and I had a private little talk after she opened her gift, and I explained that she needed to take time to think about the gift and get used to it.  It was an unexpected gift and not one that she had asked for, so I think she just didn't know how to react to something she didn't fully understand.  After about half an hour, she realized that she LOVED it.  She slept with it last night and has carried it around all morning this morning.  Carly knows how our girl loves to cuddle with animals and dolls. 
Once the kids got their gifts, and our bellies were full of snacks.  She and I relaxed with another Christmas Tree.  I wish we got more time to hang out and just enjoy each others' company.  I may not have a sister, but I am blessed with three amazing sisters-in-law.

4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

What a great idea making that into a drink!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I had a big long talk with my boys about receiving presents. "Even if it's a loaf of bread, we look the person in the eye and say thank you." I think they were a little relieved that they didn't get any bread! ha ha!

the lewis gang said...

YUM! thankful you have great sister-in-laws!!

Jaime Mac said...

I loved Grace's face in that pic...you can def see she was not thrilled. I thought you did a great job of explaining to her how to be gracious when you get a gift you weren't expecting...
I need you to have that talk with me before I do Christmas w/ my inlaws... :)