Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reading

Tonight was a very exciting night at the Ellnor house. Gabriel read his first book . . . on his own! He has been wanting to learn to read SO BADLY. He has been learning sight words at school, and he loves to spell words as I sound them out for him. I promised him a few weeks ago that I would make him a book that he could read. I took a few moments at work today to do just that. I'm so proud of him for reading his first book. I'm pretty sure I was beaming tonight when he finished reading it for the first time. Of course, Grandma and Papaw came over to hear Gabriel read.
Mommy could not bring Gabriel without bringing Grace one too. Grace read a book about the letter Gg.

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

VERY EXCITING!!! Sam has been wanting to do the same thing. I love to see them learn!! Great job!!

Dan and Denise said...

yeh... I thought you were going to have a teacher O. :-) I am glad he is an overachiever like his mum

Jill said...

That is so awesome!!! :)