Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Last Hoorah of Summer Break

 For the last outing of summer break, the Gabriel, Grace, Robbie, Riley, and I went to see Ice Age:  Continental Drift.  I have to say that the movie was so funny I laughed out loud and even texted a line from the movie to Dan while he was at work.
 The kids and I shared a large popcorn.  I sneaked candy and drinks into the movie in my purse.  I explained to the kids that I was breaking the rules of the movie theater, but if I didn't do that, then they would get NO drinks or candy.  Does that make me a terrible mom who sets a bad example for her children?
 Every time someone would ask Gabriel if he was ready to go back to school, he would say, "No.  I want to stay home with Mommy."  I know, Buddy!  Me too!  It's been a pretty awesome summer break.
 We had the entire movie theater to ourselves.  Grace was making comments about the movie as it played, and I shushed her.  She said, "What?  There isn't anyone in here to hear me!"  Good point, kiddo!
 Mommy enjoyed her favorite movie snack too.  Raisinets make me feel like I'm eating healthy candy (that's an oxymoron, right?).  I mean, raisins come from grapes, and they have tons of antioxidants.  It's practically health food!
 After the movie, we went back to Robbie and Riley's house to swim. Yeah, I totally invited myself over.
 The girls chilled with an ice cream bar after swimming for a while.
Carly cleaned out Riley's closet and sent us home with a bunch of toys, dress up clothes, and clothes that Riley no longer wears or plays with.  Grace was thrilled to get some new Barbies.  She wanted to dress up like the mermaid Barbie.  So cute!

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

No that doesn't make you a bad mom because I do the same thing. I've also wondered what message I am sending though! I tell my kids it's because we are cheap!