Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 06, 2010

A Day Out With Thomas

Wayne took this picture of Grace with his phone while we were on the train. I know that it's out of order, but it's my favorite picture of the whole day. I love it!
Dan, the kids, and I headed to New Haven, Kentucky this morning to spend a day with Thomas the Tank Engine at the Kentucky Railway Museum. We met up with our cousins, Wayne, Candi, and Cassidy. We also ran into the McAfee family too! It was a great day!
The first thing we did was visit the Bubble Truck. Gabriel and Grace made lots of cool bubbles.
Daddy made a giant bubble with rope and sticks.
Next, we went inside a real steam engine to see how it works.
The Imaginarium had lots of train tables to play at.
Gabriel and Grace also got temporary tattoos of Thomas.
Here are my two favorite kids having a good time.
This year a putt-putt golf course was set up. Gabriel actually got the hang of putt-putt pretty quickly and seemed to enjoy playing.
These silly girls picked up their golf balls and threw them into the holes if it got a little challenging. They are so funny!
The percussionist was my favorite part of the whole day, despite the fact that he reprimanded me twice. Yeah . . . that's a whole story by itself. Basically, I was with Cassidy, Grace, and Gabriel, and the kids were dancing and having fun. While I was watching Grace dance, Cassidy started to climb up on the bench so she could see her mom and dad, and she grabbed the guy's bucket lid to hang on to. Of course the lid slid, and she fell. Well, I was publicly reprimanded for "not watching the children well." (Only a slight exaggeration) Then I tried to help him pass out tambourines to all of the kids --- I was sitting by the box --- and he told me NOT to help. Haha! I think those who have jobs working with small children should exercise a little more patience and understanding.
The girls were playing their tambourines and following the music man's lead like champs!
It was our turn for a ride at 10:40 a.m. No train ride would be complete without snacks.

The Tomlin Family
After our train ride, we ran into the McAfee's.
After lunch, Cassidy, Gabriel, and Grace listened to a storyteller.
We went back to the music man after story time. Grace shook her little booty for Alicia.
Sam and Gabriel enjoyed playing the bongos to the song Wipe Out.
At the end of the show, the kids got whistles.
They got to toot their whistles as part of the last song.
One of our last stops was the magician. The kids were mesmerized by him. They laughed and laughed. It was so cute.
See how intently they were watching?
Our last stop was Mr. Topham Hatt. Gabriel was happy to have his picture taken, but Grace did not want to.
Our last hoorah before heading to the car was another photo op. at Thomas. There was NO CHANCE of getting these three to look at me. I think it's safe to say that they had a good time!

1 comment:

danraymac said...

while we are reprimanding...it is "sir" topham hatt not mr.

haha

daniel