Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bedtime Buddies

These are Gabriel's bedtime buddies, (from left to right) Oliver, Lion, and Beebo. Lion is his absolute best friend. He carries Lion around the house at times. He never sleeps without Lion, and Lion provides a great amount of comfort and security. Gabriel received Beebo when he was 9 months old and has slept with him ever since. Oliver was supposed to be an emergency substitute for Lion if it was ever necessary, but no dice. He likes Oliver, but Lion cannot be replaced.

Anyhow, Gabriel was talking to me this morning about packing for camping and trying to convince me to pack all 3 of his buddies. I told him that Lion was the only one allowed to make the trip with us. Gabriel gave me a very long and creative story about how if I took only one then the other would be lonely, and if we only took two of them then the one left behind would be sad. Blah, blah, blah. Alas, I stood my ground --- only Lion can go camping. A few minutes later he came back and said, "Okay, Mom. They're going to talk it over." I gave it no more thought until I found the scene above on his bed when I got home this afternoon. That kiddo cracks me up!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love it. That's hilarious. Pretty creative in his thinking, too! ;)