Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Laid Back Saturday

I had the brilliant idea Saturday morning to go to the 4-H Fair. The kids and I have never been, and I thought that it would be a ton of fun. I looked at the Clark County 4-H website and saw that Saturday was the last day of the fair. There were no fair hours listed so by looking at all of the information on the website, I inferred that it must open at 10 a.m. We invited Grandma and Papaw to go with us, and we were off. When we got to the 4-H fairgrounds, it was dead . . . no cars, no rides going, no food vendors cooking. A nice lady stopped and talked to my mom and informed us that the rides would open at 6 p.m., but everything else was closed. The kids and I were bummed. So that all was not lost, we decided to have a picnic lunch at Charlestown Park. We trekked over to JayC for some of their yummy fried chicken.
We must have been hungry. Look at all of that food! It was a tasty picnic though.
Gabriel and Grace loved the tire swing on the playground.
I loved hearing their giggles.
After a few minutes, though, Gabriel said, "Mom, stop the swing please. I'm feeling a little sick." This poor kid is SO prone to motion sickness. I feel bad for him.
Grace still wanted to swing.
While Gabriel and I went to another area of the playground, Grandma pushed Grace on the swing.
Papaw tried to help Grace swing too. Ha!
Gabriel slid down the fireman's pole.
He also tried out the monkey bars. He's not quite strong enough.
Later that evening, we had dinner at Grandma and Papaw's house. After dinner, Grandma and I made jewelry while the kids watched movies.

3 comments:

Andie Zimmerman said...

Sorry to hear about the fair. But, it looks like everything worked out!

the lewis gang said...

that's what you get for inferring, denise!! why do we teach the kids that skill anyway? ha! just kidding! you did well improving though! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

poor gabe!!