Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Charlestown Park

Last weekend we camped at Charlestown State Park with the Lewis family.
As soon as we parked the camper, the kids were ready to get out their bikes and ride.
The kids chowed down on some pizza from Charlestown Pizza Company after it got dark out. They were way to busy before dark to worry about eating.
Saturday morning, Jackson and Gabriel we up and at'em early and playing with cars.
Later in the morning, the 4 of the 5 McAfee's arrived. I was trying to get a picture of the big kids together and this is what I ended up with.
Mazden was being a doll baby Saturday afternoon.
Nora was all smiles most of the time too.
My favorite part of camping has got to be the campfire and making s'mores.
Apparently there were some photo bombers near Dan while he toasted marshmallows.
Grace is not usually a fan of s'mores but she ate one this time.
Here are the big boys: Jackson, Sam, and Gabriel.
Oh yeah, Baby! I can't tell you how much I looked forward to this! A Reese Cup s'more is the best thing EVER!
I brought some poppers for the kids to play with after dark. It was funny to hear cars driving by and running over the pops that had not yet gone off. I'm sure the drivers were wondering, "What the heck?!"
Sunday morning it was rainy. We decided to take a little hike on Trail 5 anyway.
Dan, Grace, Gabriel, Jackson, and Damon at the river overlook
There was a really cool little bench made from a log along the trail. Gabriel sat down and said, "Mom, take our picture on this!" How funny! I was happy to oblige.

We had such a relaxing time camping. I love that the kids are being active and away from the t.v. I love spending time with family and friends and NOT focusing on getting "chores" done. Only one more camping trip left for the season . . . sad, sad.

2 comments:

the lewis gang said...

dan sure did have some photo bombers! i love that the marshmallow in front of alicia's face is on fire! haha!

Jaime Mac said...

I've still never had a Reese smore...I've gotta try one!
Love the 1st pic of the the kiddos w/ Jackson dancing on the picnic table! Cute!