Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 29, 2011

School Work

I want to take pictures of some of the kids' work from school this year in order to document their progress. Here are a few recent samples of what they have been working on.
Gabriel's class just finished learning all of their letters. They have been talking about the letter S, and on this paper, he had to draw something that begins with the letter S. I was so impressed with his picture because I was able to recognize that he drew a SLIDE!

This is Grace's drawing from school. I have been reading about how the development of children's drawings shows their cognitive development and often gives insight to their affect. I haven't had a chance to talk to Grace about this drawing, but I'm very curious to know what she was thinking when she drew this. I read today that when children draw themselves with a straight mouth, it can mean that they feel insecure or unsure of themselves. She's been crying occasionally about anxiety over friendships at school. I wonder if this drawing and her anxiety about friends at school are related. Then again I could be reading WAY too much into it. Ha!

No comments: