Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Got Busted!

Grace was reading a book in the car this morning about fairies. Gabriel asked if fairies were real. Here is how our conversation went:

Gabriel: "Mom, are fairies real?"
Mom: "No, Gabriel, fairies are not real. They are only in books and movies."
G: "Nuh-uh!"
M: (exasperated sigh . . . Why does this kid ask me questions if he's just going to disagree with my answer???)
G: "There's the Tooth Fairy! She's real!"
M: (Grrrr . . . How could I be so dumb?) "Oh! That's true. But the Tooth Fairy is the only real fairy I know of. I just forgot about her."
G: (Insert Evil Laugh) "I was right! I love it when that happens!"

5 comments:

Andie Zimmerman said...

Doh! I've done that before and had to cover it up by saying something else. Awesome feeling, huh? Gabe is a riot.

Jaime Mac said...

HAHAHA! He's quick, huh?!

Jill said...

That's hilarious! :)

Jessica said...

too funny! Easter Bunny lead to Tooth Fairy who in turn lead to Santa. Enjoy it while they are still little!

the lewis gang said...

evil laugh....hahaha!