Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Teacher Mom

When I dropped the kids off at daycare Friday, one of Grace's teachers stopped me to tell me a little story. The kids had gone over to the church one day this week, and part of the conversation the pastor led with the kids was about what they wanted to be when they grow up. When it came Grace's turn to respond, she said, "I want to be like my mommy." Ms. Dawn asked her, "Well, what does your mommy do?" Grace responded, "She's a teacher-mom."

It makes me smile to know that my little girl understands that being a mom is THE priority for me. I'm glad that she thinks I'm setting a good example for her by working full-time and being a mom. It's such a difficult balancing act, and I'm never certain if I'm doing it the best I can. If nothing else, I'm glad Grace approves.

3 comments:

the lewis gang said...

you got that right! it's a balancing act for sure! so hard to get it all together at times! so sweet grace wants to be like here mommy. way to melt mommy's heart, grace!

The Noble Family said...

So so sweet!!

Jill said...

Awesome! You are raising her well, Denise! :)