Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Everyone Has An Opinion

Gabriel and I went to Kroger tonight after dinner to pick up a few items. I promised him that I would let him ride the fire truck at the exit before we left the store. When the ride stopped, I told him to get down so that we could go home.

A tantrum immediately began.

I can handle the tantrums . . . we have several a day . . . I am used to it. What really irks me is the fact that when my child is throwing a tantrum in a public place, which is embarrassing in itself, SO MANY people feel that they need to give me "looks" or even share their opinion. This 90-something-year-old man walked by and said, "I think you need to take a belt to his bottom. It fixed me when I was a kid." I wanted to say, "Thanks, Dr. Spock, I'll put a belt in the diaper bag!" Did he really think that he had a new and innovative idea for how to put a stop to toddler tantrums?

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

good stuff i tell ya'!!

the lewis gang said...

we carry a belt in ours. it works great.