Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

World Breast Feeding Week

La Leche League has been a huge help to me throughout nearly two years of breastfeeding. They are a wonderful organization which offers assistance, education, and support for breastfeeding mothers. Their services are completely free, and membership is not required in order to receive their services. Our local leaders (MaryAnn, Sonya, Annette, Lisa, Laura, and Leslie) are so nice and always willing to help a mother in need.

The Southern Indiana Chapter of La Leche League is collecting donations between now and September 13th in order to keep their chapter going. I want to do my part to help so I am asking my "mom friends," fellow nursing moms, former nursing moms, and anyone who wants to be an advocate for children to make a small donation. I am going to match any donations that I collect with a maximum of $100.

If you would like to make a donation to Southern Indiana La Leche League, you can see me in person or mail a check made payable to myself or So. IN LLL.

For more information about World Breastfeeding Week, click on the title of this posting.

1 comment:

The Powers Bunch said...

Sonya was such a big help to me and Sam when we were having difficulty with nursing...she even came to my house! I agree that it is truly a wonderful organization! I will see you tommorrow about the donation. Thanks for the info!:)