Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Camping Trip #1 --- Busted!

Dan and I spent all last week preparing for our first camping trip with the kiddos and our new camper. We were packed and ready to leave by 5 p.m. Friday night. After an hour of driving we pulled into our camp site at Clifty Falls State Park.
Once we got set up, it started to rain, but that didn't stop the kids from digging in the muddy rocks.
Give Grace a bucket, shovel, and a designated digging spot, and she is good to go!
The kids LOVED camping. It was a great adventure for them.
About the time we decided to take showers, a thunderstorm moved through. We were prepared with crayons, books, and games though. It was not a problem.

Here's the BUSTED part. I started feeling sick Thursday night --- nauseous, tired, and achy. I blamed it on sinus drainage upsetting my stomach and just working harder than usual to get ready for camping. Friday night I put the kids to bed earlier than I would have liked because I was SO TIRED. I crawled in bed as soon as they were in bed and fell asleep before they did. Saturday morning, I felt worse and stayed in bed until 10 a.m. Daddy finally suggested that we go home, and I have to say that I was grateful. When we got home, I had a fever and felt like I could barely move. After the tee-ball game, Gabriel was acting a little sluggish, and we realized that he had not really had a meal in more than a day. Dan took his temperature, and he had a fever too. A trip to the immediate care center proved that Gabriel had an ear infection and a "rattle in his chest." I hate that our first camping trip turned out this way. I am glad to be home though. It's bad enough to feel bad when you're at home, but it's twice as miserable feeling bad when you're away from home.

Hopefully next time will be better . . . .

4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Too bad!! you'll be ready for the next one!!! hope you get better soon!

Jaime Mac said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry your first big adventure was ruined by illness! Get everybody better & then you'll be back at it! :)

the lewis gang said...

boo for illness, but yea for you guys being prepared! can't wait to camp with you sometime.

Jill said...

No fun! Hope it works out better next time!