Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 17, 2012

Vietnam War Memorial

Last week the kids, Grandma, and I went to see the traveling Vietnam War Memorial Wall.  It was set in front of the Clarksville Police Station, and we had been watching the preparations and set-up of the wall for a week.  I had been talking to the kids, as we saw the preparations for the wall being made, about how important the Vietnam War Memorial was to our country's history.  I told them that each name was a person who was someone's father, brother, son, or uncle.  I explained how they died protecting the freedom of others.  You get the picture, right?

Well,Grace promptly walked up the wall and said, "This does not impress me!"  She tossed her little head and stomped off with her nose in the air.  Geez!
The kids did like seeing the Hummer that was part of the display.
Gabriel climbed to the top.
There were various statues representing different conflicts that the United States military has been involved in.  Grace liked this one because it showed the soldier carrying a child.
As we left the memorial, Grace wanted to pose by this Hummer.  Get a load of that pose!
Gabriel refused to have his picture taken with his sister, so I had to take two pictures.
Oh, and then Grace wanted to do a different pose, and Gabriel bombed the photo.  I'm not sure they really "got" the history lesson I was trying to teach.  I'm not sure they fully understood the significance of the memorial.  I gave it a good try though.

2 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

Kids are so funny sometimes. At least you tried, Denise! I blame this on Dan... :)

the lewis gang said...

grace's pose!! hahaha!