Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Staying Home with Under-the-Weather Mom

Tuesday and Wednesday this week, I was SICK. I tried to deny that I was sick on Tuesday and proceed with my errands and housework. Once I had to pull over to the side of the road to get sick while out running and errand, I gave in. I got home, laid down, and could barely lift my head up for the next 48 hours. This required the kids to be rather independent. They fixed their own lunches of PB sandwiches or Lunchables, prepared their own drinks, and cleaned up their own spills. They entertained themselves with WAY too much screen time, and helped me anytime they could. I could not have asked for anymore cooperative kiddos.
Grace found her Hello Kitty nail polish in a box. So she quickly took to painting nails.
Gabriel was the first client for my little nail tech. Throughout the day she painted her own finger and toenails repeatedly, my toenails, and 7 of Grandma's toenails. (She got a little distracted when it was time for the last 3 toes. Ha!)

We did a few other things during the two days home with a sick Mommy. We played a few games of Uno. The kids found some craft supplies and used them to make wet messes all over the kitchen table. They found a chemistry set, and Grace soaked a coloring book with fizzy dye. Ha! It was an interesting couple of days, and I am SO glad to be feeling better. Say a prayer for us that no one else comes down with whatever that illness was. We are looking forward to a fun weekend celebrating the 4th of July!

4 comments:

the lewis gang said...

poor thing!! it is the worst feeling sick with kids at home. i could have taken them for a day! i wish you had called!!

Jaime Mac said...

Sorry you were sick! :( Glad the kids were independent enough without you! (& props to you for still being able to take pics to blog whilssst being sick. You're a trooper!)

Jill said...

You poor thing. Kade had a touch of something like this, too! Glad you're feeling better. And lucky you with those well behaved kiddoes! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

glad you are feeling better!!! I am still praying no one else gets it!!