Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Birthday Celebration

It was about eight months ago when I decided that I wanted to go out with friends to celebrate my birthday.  I texted and e-mailed some friends and had them put it on their calendars. . . and being the good friends they are, they did.  My goal was to have a kid-free dinner somewhere on 4th Street and then go dancing at Howl at the Moon.

When the big day finally came, I had a busy day ahead of me.  There was basketball, grocery shopping, preparing for wrestling on Sunday, finishing laundry, and Dan was gone for the day.  I was feeling tired all day and a little queasy, but I didn't think much of it.  I wanted a nap so badly, but there was just too much to do.  By the time Dan got home and kids the were delivered to Grampy and Barbara, I was not really feeling like celebrating.  The party was planned though.  Dan was driving all the ladies, so we trekked out to pick everyone up.  By the time we made the last stop, I was not feeling queasy, I was feeling vomitrocious (Yeah, I made that word up.)  I wasn't ready to give in though; I was thinking that I was car sick.  By the time we made it to the restaurant, I wanted nothing to do with food.  The smell was making me feel worse.
The party gang had dinner --- I had water --- at Gordon Biersch.  I hear the food was really good.  As soon as dinner left the table, we headed back home.  You can get Alicia's side of the story on her blog.  That is where I stole these pictures.
Oh, yeah . . . this was me on the way home . . .  vomiting.  I was home and in bed by 10 o'clock on my big birthday celebration night.  Awesome!

Sunday Dan and Gabriel went to the wrestling meet in Madison.  I stayed home with Grace.  She and I had movie day together.

I don't intend to sound like a whiner.  I am SO grateful for my friends who made plans and ended up with a really disappointing evening.  I am grateful for my wonderful husband who drove the "non-drunk bus" and cleaned vomit off the outside of the van when we got home.  I am grateful to have been able to spend the day Sunday cuddling with my little girl and resting. 

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

IT'S ON!! WE WILL DO IT AGAIN!!! :)

the lewis gang said...

i hate that you felt so bad!!! just name the time and place for next time and we are in !! :)

Andie Zimmerman said...

I'm catching up on blogs today.

Oh, that's awful! I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy some of it. I'm sorry you were so sick on your big day. Was it from the flu bug?