Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Proud Mama

Gabriel's preschool teacher asked me today if we worked on letter flashcards at home. She said he knows all of his letters and sound, which I knew. She said that he is fast to answer and really proud of himself when he knows he's right.

We don't do flashcards at home, but we do work on letters and sounds. We just do it while reading a book, or I wait for him to ask. Gabriel WANTS to learn to read. He asks about letters and words all the time. He wants to be able to spell words. He is always pointing out environmental print he recognizes (Yes, that's the teacher in me coming out.) and spelling the words. He is so proud when he reads or spells a word. I am really proud of Gabriel. He has learned so much in his three months of preschool, but most of all, I'm proud of him for WANTING to learn. But to be 100% honest, I'm proud of Dan and myself too. I'm proud that we have taken advantage of those moments when Gabriel has wanted to learn and taught him to love books and learning. I feel like the possibilities for his life are endless, and I think he understand that too.

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

you should be proud! way to go gabe!!

Jaime Mac said...

Way to go Gabe...and mom & dad! You should definately take credit for all or your hard work! :)

Jill said...

The teacher in me is smiling so big after reading this. Way to go!!!