Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Splashing in Puddles --- Gone Bad

This afternoon after going to the grocery store, the kids wanted to splash in puddles on the driveway.
I saw no harm in that, so I let them splash away for a few minutes.
When the groceries were all put away, Dan told the kids to take their splashing to the backyard so we wouldn't be needed out front to supervise them.
They gladly moved their splashing and giggling to the backyard.
Little did I know, that my darling angels were lifting their feet up and "splashing" in the flower pots.
They had black potting soil up to their knees. Splashed on their faces and all over their shirts and jackets.
Their tennis shoes were full of muddy black soil and sand. Their FEET were black and their waists were black. I wasn't sure I'd EVER get them cleaned up.
The picture of this child cannot do the mess justice. I ran their clothes through two wash cycles AND an extra rinse. I'm pretty sure Grace's cute pink shirt will forever be black-ish. Her shoes were brand-new-out-of-the-box YESTERDAY. I haven't even thought about what it will take to clean the potting soil off of the concrete and the door when the weather dries.

For those of you thinking that all of this is really my own fault because my children were not being well supervised, Yes, you are correct. However, this entire mess happened in a matter of minutes. They were not in the backyard five minutes without an adult checking on them. Whew! The joys of parenthood are endless!

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

oh my!! but look at that face!!