Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Friday at Jellystone

We camped at Jellystone in Cave City, Kentucky for 4th of July weekend with the McAfee family. The kids had a BLAST, and the adults did too!
Sam's 4-wheeler sure got a workout this weekend.
Alicia brought bubbles for the little kids.
Ninny gave the kids suckers.
Jake enjoyed his.
Grace became a sticky mess with hers, but I guess that was okay. Sam helped her take care of that later.

Suckers were not nearly enough sugar, so Alicia got out her humongous campfire marshmallows. They were seriously the size of four regular marshmallows.
Everyone toasted some marshmallows over the campfire.
Grace preferred the marshmallow untoasted . . . she's odd like that.
Gabriel looks scared at the sight of this HUGE s'more. Haha!

Sam showed Grace how to take a shower behind the McAfee's camper to help her clean up. She was a soaking wet mess!
When it got dark, Alicia broke out the sparklers. (Insert sarcasm here) Let me tell you how excited I was to see those!
Luckily, Daniel was more than willing to help Grace with her sparklers. Mommy was much too busy gasping and wincing to do it.
I have to say, despite my fear of sparklers, the kids had a ball with them, and no one got hurt. I'm glad Gabriel and Grace had the opportunity for that experience because I'm pretty sure I would never buy sparklers for them.

1 comment:

the lewis gang said...

What a super fun weekend!! Jellystone looks like a blast!! I bought those marshmallows for our trip this week. I had never seen them before. They are HUGE!! 90 calories a piece! Sheesh!!!