Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 16, 2010

Our Week in Review

I have no pictures to post from our week this week . . . I know, shame on me. We have been busy, but I don't feel like we have much to show for it right now.

Gabriel finished his swim lessons this week. He made a lot of progress during this session. He is swimming independently, but it is a panicky looking swim, and he can't maintain it for long. His swim instructor made a point of telling the parents that it's important to keep the kids in swim lessons so that they don't lose their new skills. We'll see when we can make time to do another session of swim lessons.

Grace has started full-on potty training. She was in underwear all day today. She had two pee accidents all day. I put her in a pull-up for nap time this afternoon, and she pooped while she had her pull-up on. I think she is doing really well, considering that we haven't been serious about potty training until . . . Today. I am going to sneak the pull-ups away tomorrow so she won't have any other options but underwear.

Wednesday, Gabriel and I went to the Jeffersonville Library. I signed him up for the summer reading program . . . a little late, I guess. If he earns 20 points, or checks out and returns 10 books, then we get a coupon book. If he earns 40 points, or checks out and returns 20 books, then we get to sign-up for a prize drawing. We have to do this by the end of the month, and we have 10 books checked out now. Gabriel is excited about going to the library and really enjoyed our trip Wednesday. Both kids are enjoying the books we checked out. I love their interest in books!

I am LOVING summer break. I love spending time with my kids. I love being able to "keep up" with household chores, make good dinners for my family, and still have time to enjoy. I love not feeling stressed and frantic. I love that I was able to workout three days this week and not feel guilty about the time I spent doing it. Why do I work again??? Oh yeah, a paycheck!

2 comments:

the lewis gang said...

preach on! your last paragraph summed it right up! the instructor is right. jackson LOVED being thrown in the water and jumped like crazy at the end of last summer. at the beginning of this summer, he wouldn't jump in. now, he's swimming like a madman! it only took him about one trip to mom and dad's to get over it, but i think him not being in the pool for almost 9 months just put a damper on things. we are going to try to make sure to hit the y pool more this fall and winter. keep up the good work, gabe!

Jaime Mac said...

Yay for Gabe! I'm sure he'll get it before too long!
Yay for Grace too! Your kids DID have a big week!
Don't ya hate those pesky j-o-b's?! :)