Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kindergarten Work

Monday last week (Yes, I'm behind) Gabriel brought this drawing home from school. I wanted a few samples of his work at the beginning of the year so I could use them to compare later in the school year. This is (l-r) Daddy, Mommy, Gabriel and Grace. We are in our house, and the blue circles are the windows in our house.

For my teacher friends and for my own documentation:
Gabriel took a reading test with his teacher today. He read the books Mary Had a Little Lamb, The Sock is on the Floor, and Cars. I'm guessing that means his reading level is RB. That surprises me because I really thought he'd be a B. He is reading environmental print and short words like crazy. He knows a good number of sight words too. I really want to e-mail his teacher and ask for details, but I don't want to be a high maintenance parent. I know his teacher is very busy. Inquiring minds want to know . . . . Heck, I wanted to bring the kid to Bridgepoint and test him myself!

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

As a teacher, it is HARD to sit back and not ask questions!!!

Testing him yourself is a great idea though! I will have to do that......

Great work Gabe!! :)