Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Science Time

I bought these cheap little science kits a while back thinking that it would be something fun to do this winter when we're cooped up in the house. However, it seems like we're pretty cooped up lately because of the heat and humidity. When the kids found the kits in a box, I decided "Why not?"
This was one of our more amazing science experiments. We grew a sodium tree by adding water to this specially treated paper tree. It literally "grew" in a matter of hours as the water wicked up the paper tree trunk and then evaporated.
I tried to explain to Gabriel how the tree was "growing," but you have to understand that science is not one of my strong suits. That's Daddy's area of expertise. I don't think Gabriel cared much why it worked. He was just impressed that we were able to grow a tree in the time between lunch and dinner.

3 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

I'm with Gabe! That is impressive!

the lewis gang said...

that is an amazing feat...growing a tree between lunch and dinner! ha!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

super cool!! I love science as much as my kids! :)