Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Momma's Broken Hearted

When I picked the kids up at daycare yesterday afternoon, the first thing Grace said to me was "Mom, you missed the recital!" Her ballet tutu, balloons, and flowers were on a table near the door. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. I had been looking so forward to her ballet recital ON WEDNESDAY. Apparently, the ballet calendar had changed, and the change was e-mailed out. I just didn't know it. I felt terrible!
I am so grateful that Grace's teacher took some pictures for me. I think she looks so sad in this picture. I can't imagine how she felt with no one to see her dance recital.
She looks so pretty and so petite in her little ballet outfit. I wish I'd been there to tell her myself.


On the way home today, she was holding the pictures saying, "Awww . . . I look so cute." Then she kissed her picture. She is such a nut!

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I HATE this for you guys! That first picture of Grace just breaks my heart! Darn it!

Jaime Mac said...

OH, I'm sorry you missed it! Grace looks too cute in her tutu!

the lewis gang said...

denise, this breaks my heart!!!! i'm glad you got pictures. and she does look awfully adorable in that outfit!!