Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Afternoon at Huber's

Saturday the kids and I trekked up to Huber's with Grandma to pick some apples and enjoy some gorgeous weather. The kids cracked me up while we were there . . . they ran around asking to have their picture taken everywhere. I think I have trained them well!
This was first. "Mommy, take our picture!" I have a picture of them every year on this concrete cow. I guess when they're 12 and 14 they will try to refuse to this anymore, but I'll probably still ask them too.
Grace wanted to have her picture taken with this pumpkin.
Gabriel wanted a picture that would make him look tough. I think he would look tougher if he had actually been able to pick the pumpkin up. Ha!
I love this one! He IS one of the sweetest kids ever.
One of their favorite things was to pretend to drive the old tractors.
We took a tractor ride out to the apple orchard to pick our own apples. Notice the Kist family is sitting behind us on the tractor.
Grace could only reach the apples on the lower branches, so hers were pretty green.
Gabriel was very selective about his apples. He had some yummy looking ones.
Gabriel is 3 feet 8 inches, according to this. Grace was almost exactly 3 feet. I wonder how close this actually is?
The kids thought the talking tree at the Farmer's Market was pretty cool.
I love those little smiling faces!
Gabriel took a turn driving the old truck too.
Our next stop was the winery. Mom is finally developing a taste for wine. We shared two wine tastings so we could decide which wine we wanted to buy.
Hmm . . . Starlight Red or Starlight White?
A wine-o in training! Just kidding!! When she saw Grandma and me having our pictures taken with the little wine cups, she said, "I want a picture with wine too!"
While Grandma and I finished getting liquored up, the kids played on the patio wall behind us.
We walked down the pond to feed the fish and the ducks. These coy, catfish, and carp were ginormous! They were swimming on top of each other. It was nuts!
I asked Grace if I could take a picture of the prettiest girl in the world, and she replied, "You?" Oh my, she can melt her mama's heart! Isn't that the sweetest?
We had a great time watching the fish, ducks, and swan swim in the pond. It was a beautiful afternoon and such a fun Fall outing.

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

LOVE grace and the wine!!!! which did you guy.....both I hope! :)

the lewis gang said...

it certainly was a beautiful day for it! i did the wine tasting once and was too tipsy to drive! who drove you 2 crazy ladies home? are you bringing one of them to lake rudolph?!?!