Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Hershey Joe

This member of our family does not get nearly the amount of blog space he deserves. Hershey is 11 years old and has a heart murmur that continues to worsen. His personality is unstoppable though. He LOVES Gabriel, and Gabriel loves him too. Every morning when I go downstairs to wake Gabriel up, Hershey goes with me. He gets between Gabriel and me and insists on being loved on. Hershey is a great communicator. He tells us what he wants and makes his needs known.

When he was a little puppy, he went running full-tilt into the bathroom to get a drink from his water dish. The water dish was big enough for him to swim in, and his body was so tiny that he was a little front heavy. Apparently, he didn't get stopped in time when he reached the water dish, and he fell face first into the water. He came half-dazed out of the bathroom, shook off, and looked at Dan and me like, "What the heck just happened?" It was hysterical! (I guess you had to be there.)

Today he came out of the bathroom --- his water dish is still kept there --- from getting a drink of water. He had been in the bathroom for a while, I had noticed. When he came out, he was dripping wet. His eyebrows were wet, for Pete's sake! I don't know HOW he did it, but he almost looked like he'd been swimming. It reminded me so much of that time when he was just a puppy. I laughed so hard at him this afternoon, and I had to take a picture. I know that his time with us is going to be short, so I don't want to forget how he makes us smile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post! It makes me miss Rocky, some pets truely are family.