Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Updates

I few updates that I haven't posted about. I kept thinking that I would have appropriate pictures to go with these updates, but I don't.

First, the kids went to the orthopedists Wednesday to have x-rays done. Gabriel's hand is completely healed, so he is not longer wearing his splint. When people ask how his hand is, he asks me which one was broken. I guess that means that it doesn't bother him, and that's a great thing. Grace was supposed to have her x-ray with her cast on, but the nurse misread the follow-up instructions and took her cast off. I was not sad to see that cast go because it was dirty and stinky already. As soon as the orange cast came off, she said, "Next, I want a PINK one!" That's what she got . . . a pink cast. It's super-cute on her!

In the car on the way home from the orthopedists' office, the kids were talking about how fun x-rays were. They were discussing breaking their bones again so they could get more x-rays done. Gabriel was also giving Grace advice about what color her NEXT cast should be. Oh, Brother! I'm in trouble!

Second, Grace has been working on potty training for three weeks now. She is doing well with peeing on the toilet, but has not gotten the hang of #2 on the toilet. She has a #2 accident in her pants almost daily. She occasionally gets too busy playing and forgets to go pee, or she waits too long and doesn't make it to the toilet in time. She is usually staying dry at nap time. I think she's doing well for only a few weeks in underwear.

No comments: