Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tee-ball Season Begins!

Today was the first day of tee-ball season! The kids were SO excited to be playing tee-ball, and quite frankly, so was I.
While we waited for Gabriel's team to take the field, he had some time to swing on the swing set.
I'm not sure what game Gabriel and Daddy were playing while he was swinging, but Gabriel was laughing so hard. I love to hear him laugh like that!
Grace's team practiced for about half an hour before the game started. The 3-year-old league is so funny. These kiddos don't know how to line-up, spread out, or anything. Half of the kids were pouting or crying. The coach had to walk around and physically pick kids up and put them where he wanted them in the field. At one point, he was trying to get a kiddo's attention, but had forgotten his name. So the coach says, "Hey, #4!" Then he said to himself, "Aw crap, they don't know their numbers yet." I guess you could say that getting 10 3-year-olds to play tee-ball for the first time was a lot like herding cats.
Grace was not a fan of wearing her hat. It is really big on her, and it keeps falling over her eyes. I doubt she will agree to wearing it very much this season.
See . . . as she ran the bases the first time, the hat came off.
When the coach yelled, "Spiderman!" The kids were supposed to get down in their fielding positions.
Grace got a couple of good whacks on the ball.
See liked batting and running the best. She lost interest in fielding pretty quickly.
At the end of the game, the teams congratulated each other. It was cute because I don't think the kids had any idea why they were saying, "Good game" to the other team.
Gabriel and Grace's games were at the same time. I got Gabe's game just in time to see them line up and High 5 the other team. Bummer.
I heard that Gabriel did pretty well. He said that he hit a ball into the outfield and caught two balls in the first inning. I can't wait to see him play next week!

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Hilarious! I love watching them first start playing!

the lewis gang said...

that 3 year old league is HILARIOUS! that story is too funny!

The Noble Family said...

I didn't realize they played at the same time! You will be a crazy ballpark mommy already. ha! Gabe did so well! He really hustled for each ball. :)

Jill said...

Too funny! I love, love, love watching the little ones play. Cracks me up! :)

Jami said...

I loved Grace's pink glove. Too cute!