Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gabe the Guitar Man

 This morning Gabriel and I went to Uptown Art for a kids class.
 This morning's kids class was a guitar painting on a red background.  I knew Gabriel would love this painting.
 He did  a really nice job painting the background and the guitar.  I helped him touch-up the edges of his guitar before he painted the outline.
 After painting the outline, we did  highlights and shading with white and gold.
 Using the blow dryer to dry the paint was one of his favorite parts.
 Here is Gabriel's painting just before he added music notes and the gold highlights.
 After painting, all of the kids were treated to pizza and soft drinks.  I let Gabriel choose Coke for the first time, instead of Sprite.  In the car on the way home, he said, "Mom, I think I'm a man now."  "Oh really," I answered, "Why is that?"  "I drank two cups of Coke today."  "Well, Gabe, I think it takes more than a couple cups of Coke to make you a man.  You have to be older to be a man."  "What??  Like I have to be 28 or something?"  Ha!  From the mouths of babes!
Here is Gabriel with his masterpiece!  It was so much fun doing this project with my budding artist.

3 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

What a fun time with your boy! He did a great job too!

The Noble Family said...

oh my goodness! That is so good! way to go Gabe. :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That turned out great!! So wish we could have joined you. Next time for sure! And the coke....priceless!! :)