Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 08, 2012

Madagascar 3

After two days at home working around the house, we had a totally fun day today.
We met the McAfee's, including Jaime Mac, at Chick-fil-A for lunch.
Then we went to the movie theater to see Madagascar 3.  The Madagascar movies are always so funny, and the previews of this one have been really cute.  We couldn't wait to go see it!
Here is most of our crew.  I had to crop Jaime Mac out because it looked like she was picking her nose or something.  I thought she might not like showing up on the blog like that.
I made Grace do her own picture because she chose not to look up from her drink for the group shot.  I bought my kiddos a small bag of popcorn to share, instead of the typical kids "meal."  They were NOT happy about having to share, but I had brought them candy and drinks from home --- trying to be thrifty.  Grace hit the jackpot when Sam only wanted the fruit snacks and drink from his kids meal because she got to eat his popcorn.
Alicia and I joked that we can't wait to see Jaime's blog post about her time at the movies with six kids.  Alicia and I will say what a great time it was and how well the kids behaved.  Jaime will tell everyone how one afternoon with us confirmed her need for birth control pills.  It's okay, Jaime.  We understand.
When the movie was over the kids got up and danced in the aisles.  Of course, with the boys, dancing turned into wrestling.
As we were leaving the kids spotted this little area in the lobby set up just for having pictures taken.  Gabriel wanted to have his picture taken by himself, but Grace wanted to be in it too.  Here's what it sounded like:  "No, Gra-a-a-a-ace!  Get out!  I don't want you in my picture."
"Gra-a-a-a-acie, Noooooooo! Get away!" Mommy had no patience for settling another tiff, so this is the picture we ended up with.  Oh, well!
Jaime took this picture, but I totally put her up to it. . .  not that she needed a lot of encouragement.  Alicia totally took a nap during the movie --- with Jake sitting on her lap.  She told us she was going to do it too.  She put her head back and within a minute, she was out like a light.  I told Jaime that when her mouth flopped open, she had to take a picture.  Jaime tried to take one without a flash, but no dice.  When I told her to turn on her flash, she said, "And piss off the people behind us??"  Uhm . . . YES!  One picture?  How mad could they get??   So like a good blogger, she turned on her flash, and now we have evidence.  Alicia takes her kids to the movies so she can have a nap.  Haha!

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I am seriously laughing out loud!! You two are soooooo funny!!! I totally knew you took my picture! "Wait until my mouth is open!" You know me too well!!!!!

Jaime Mac said...

Hahaha how fun! Thanks for cropping me out. I try NOT to pick my nose in public so I'm not sure what I could've been doing! :)

Also thanks for that little extra nudge/push to turn on my flash. CLASSIC!

the lewis gang said...

fun day!! seriously, she has ridiculous. i told her to fall asleep on command one time in the car when we were in florida about 5 years ago. and she did it!