Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010


I love to decorate the kitchen for Valentine's Day. I put the gifts that Dan and I got the kids on the table, so they would be completely surprised when they woke up Valentine's Day morning.

When Gabriel came downstairs he said, "Hey, it's Valentine's Day."

"Mommy, you got a Pillow Pet for me?" He has been seeing the commercials on t.v. for months, and every time he says he wants one.

When I asked him if he liked the monkey, he said, "I love it. I'm trying not to cry about it." He melted Mommy's heart with that statement.

He truly does love his Pillow Pet. I got some books for the kids too.

A sleepy little Grace was not sure what to think about the Valentine's Day decorations and the gifts.

She said, "It's a bumblebee!"

She seems to like her Pillow Pet too.

The kids wanted eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast. I was surprised that that's what they asked for when they could have had pancakes. I guess bacon makes is special --- we rarely eat bacon for breakfast.

We went to Grandma and Papaw's house after breakfast. Of course, Valentine gifts were waiting for the kids there too.

The kids got activity sets from Grandma and Papaw. They have color books, water color paints, stickers, crayons, and wipe-off books inside.

Gabriel's book was none-other-than CARS. Grace got a Princess book.

We stopped at Krispy Kreme on the way to Grandma and Papaw's. What could be more special than fresh donuts?

I think we all had a fun Valentine's morning.

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

bacon? you rarely have bacon? what is wrong with you? of course, i am kidding!! ha!

i didn't know those were called pillow pets. my mom bought one for sam last year as a special 'camper pillow'. fun! i really like to bee!

Jill said...

Those pillows are ADORABLE. Will have to be checking them out. Also, LOVE that you also give your kids books as presents (I do, too!). Gosh, can't tell we're teachers, can you?! ;)