Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Playing in the Snow

The kids were SO excited to wake up to an inch to two inches of snow yesterday morning. I was so bummed -- for them -- that we only had a two-hour delay and not a snow day. They didn't get to play in the snow while it was fresh and fluffy. Grace was especially upset about not getting to play in the first significant snow of the winter. I, however, do not have to go to school on a day off designated for snow make-up.
As soon as we got home, the kids ran down the hill to play in the little bit of icy snow that was left.
Gabriel had bent down to make a snowball, but he didn't realize how cold snow would be on his bare hands. This is his Ouch! It's so cold it hurts! face. He was done playing in the snow after that.
Grace wanted to make snow angels. She did it, but the icy snow crunched and crackled as she did it.
She ran down the hill a little ways, turned around, saw her footprints in the snow, and asked (serious as ever) Whose footprints are those, Mommy? She is so silly sometimes!
She IS my snow angel!
I went in the house, and she proceeded to throw "snowballs" and the back door. At least she didn't completely miss out on playing in the snow.

It started to snow briefly on Sunday morning. When Grace saw the snow, she ran to her bedroom, and yelled down the hallway, "I'm getting my clothes on so I can go play in the snow!" A few minutes later when she came out of her bedroom half-dressed, the snow had stopped. In a very disappointed little voice, she said, "I'm going to put my jammies back on," and she turned and walked back to her bedroom. Pitiful, I tell ya!

No comments: