Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Strep

Grace stayed home sick today. She woke up at midnight coughing. She had a fever and said her head hurt. She coughed so much she was gasping and ended up vomiting. Dan and I got her cleaned up, medicated, and comfortable. She slept pretty restlessly all night. As she slept restlessly, I debated in my mind about whether or not she needed to see the doctor today. She'd had no fever since the ibuprofen took effect shortly after midnight. As soon as I heard her cough this morning, I knew that I would just feel better if I took her to the doctor. Turns out she has an ear infection and strep throat. Mama's gut instincts are good . . . glad we made that trip to Dr. Nassim's office. Hopefully, she'll be feeling back to her normal self soon.

On a lighter note . . . .
Grace was tickled to death that I stayed home with her today. She was so excited all morning that she certainly didn't act sick. When I found out she had strep throat, and I know how miserable that is, I told her that she could have a milk shake when we left the doctor's office. We stopped at DQ on the way home, and she ordered a strawberry milkshake. One sip and she said she did NOT like it! I encouraged her to try some more of it, but no dice. I tasted it, and it was actually really yummy --- made with real strawberries. After a few errands on the way home, she asked for McDonald's for lunch, and how could I say, "No" to a sick kiddo? At McDonald's I let her order a chocolate milkshake. After her first sip, she said, "Mmmm . . . That's better." She drank the whole thing.

4 comments:

the lewis gang said...

kids are so resilient! grace is a chocolate hound like her momma!! :)

Jaime Mac said...

Poor Grace! glad to see she still has a smile on her face even though she's sick!

Jill said...

Boo for streip but yea for milkshakes when you are sick. My mom always let us get milkshakes when we were sick and I'm sure I'll do that with mine, too! ;)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

THat stinks that she is sick! Milkshakes always make me feel better too! :)