Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Recovery Friday

Recovery Friday was a tough day. Mommy found herself crying a lot because Gabe felt so bad and acted so sad. As a Mom, I feel it's my duty to make my kids feel better when they are sick or blue, but yesterday, there wasn't anything I could do to make him feel better.
He spent a lot of his day like this. It is not natural for a kid to spend their day laying down. Usually when my kids are sick, after a little pain reliever, they perk up. Prescription pain meds. did nothing to perk this kiddo up yesterday.
While I was cuddling with Gabe, Grace did a little organizing of craft supplies. I think she is planning to do a craft activity with our Easter Sunday guests.
I went into the bathroom to do some cleaning, and found Chuck E. Cheese hanging out in there. Sometimes it's better to not ask questions . . . ya know?!?!
Alicia brought Sam and Jake over to visit when Sam got out of school. She also brought each of the kids some Graeter's ice cream. Grace thought she would try eating hers without a spoon. Goofy Girl!
Gabriel and Sam started by playing a game of Connect 4. Gabriel was so happy to have a friend over. He spent a lot of his "wake time" Friday sitting at the front door waiting for Sam to arrive. This was the only time all day that Gabriel seemed the least bit happy.
Next, the big boys played some Wii. Having Sam over was such a blessing yesterday . . . a short distraction from being miserable for Gabriel.
Alicia thought it would be fun to try out Grace's flowers.
After dinner, we dyed our Easter eggs. See the one egg in the green dye? That's the only egg he dyed. He sat at the table for about 20 minutes to humor Mommy, and then he retreated back to the couch.
Here are Grace's eggs. As you can see, she is feeling just fine. She does, however, think that she gets unlimited popsicles and ice cream like her brother right now.
This is an example of how Grace acted most of the day. Yep . . . bouncing off the walls! I suppose rather than being frustrated with her antics, I need to remember to be grateful that she is feeling 100% and has recovered beautifully.

I didn't expect recovery to be this difficult. I'm so ready to have my boy back. I know that it will all be worth it when this recovery process is over. Several people have said that days 3 and 4 of recovery are the worst. Here's hoping that is true for us and that the uphill part of recovery is right around the corner. Thanks to all of our friends and family for your prayers and words of encouragement.

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I just hated seeing Gabe like that yesterday! Poor guy! Sam can't wait to play with him again!

So glad Grace is better! :)

Granny G said...

I am so sorry to see that Gabe is having a hard time.I had my tonsils out when I was 17 and remember all to well the pain. I'm sure his is worse from his sinus'. It will be worth it though! Love and prayers!

the lewis gang said...

i've been thinking about you guys! hope each day is better and better! and chuck e cheese by the toilet is cracking me up!!!