Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Tough Boy

I was so proud of my big boy today. He had to go to the hospital to have pre-surgical blood work done. Dan said he did it without fussing or shedding a single tear.

Here's the rest of the story:
I got a message on my cell phone at 12:40 this afternoon. I had left my phone on my desk during my half-hour lunch break --- that's the only time today I was away from my phone. During that time the doctor's office had called and said that the doctor forgot to order Gabriel's blood work. If it wasn't done by 1 p.m. today, they would cancel his surgery tomorrow. Can you say PANIC? 'Cause that's what I did! I called Dan, explained the situation, and he said he'd go get Gabe from school and get the blood work done. Thank goodness! I was so frustrated, irritated, and down-right-panic-stricken that I wasn't sure whether to cry or scream. He was in a much more rational state of mind to take care of the situation.

Long story short, the blood work was done. As of right now, it looks like we are good-to-go for tomorrow. Whew!

No comments: