Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 23, 2013

1st Place

 The 1st grade students at Gabriel's school participated in a Jump Rope for Heart poster contest in February.  Every student was to make a poster for the school's Jump Rope for Heart campaign.  Then the art teacher, Mrs. G, judged the posters and chose a winner.
Gabriel's poster was chosen as the first place winner!  When he told me about it on the way home, he was so nonchalant about it.  "Mom, I won first place in a poster contest at school.  I had to get up in front of the whole school in the gym this morning.  Everyone clapped, and I was so embarrassed."

I proceeded with 100 questions . . . You won first place?  In the whole 1st grade?  What did your poster look like?  Was there a prize?  How was it hearing your name called as the winner?  He acted like I was such a bother by asking all of the questions

I am so proud of my budding artist!  His idea for the poster was great!  He did an awesome job!

2 comments:

Jaime Mac said...

HAHA, I found it funny he was so 'whatever' about it! Kids are so funny! Congrats to him though! That's awesome!

the lewis gang said...

i wish mrs. g were jackson's art teacher!!! she is so fabulous! way to go, gabe!