Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 02, 2013

My Little Fashionista

 Three weeks ago Dan spent five days in Orlando for work.  You feel sorry for him, right?  The night before he came home, Grace was planning her outfit for when we went to the airport to pick Daddy up.  She wanted a sweater and a skirt.  She wanted her hair in pigtails.  This is what she came up with.  Notice the purple leggings,dark  pink skirt, navy shirt, and light pink sweater.  She was so excited to be seeing her daddy after five days away from him!
This is another outfit I had to get a picture of.  Black leggings, denim skirt, purple shirt, pink and navy striped long tank top, and fuzzy pink short shirt on top. 

Here's the deal . . . I rarely argue with Grace about her clothes.  It's just not worth it.  She picks out her own clothes --- obviously.  As long as she is dressed mostly appropriate for the weather, I let her wear what she wants.  Sometimes, she looks homeless.  Oh well!  Every now and then, she'll ask me to help her pick out clothes.  When I make outfit suggestions, she is very quick to tell me that I don't make her clothes match.  WHAAA?!?!?  In which case, I don't help and tell her to do it herself.  Haha!  I have to admit that I miss the days when I could dress her up all cute and matchy-matchy.  Those days went by WAY TOO FAST!

1 comment:

the lewis gang said...

we still have fights about what to wear, but for the most part darbi knows the rules about when she gets to pick out her outfits and when i do. the life of having an opinionated girl! it isn't over by a long shot for us!! :)