Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 30, 2013

FREE Circus

I'm going to begin this post with a lesson:  When offered free tickets to the circus, just say, "No, thank you."  You'll understand how I came to learn this lesson if you continue to read. 
I took the kids to get their hair cut on Saturday morning last weekend. As we left, one of the hairstylists handed me a coupon for two free kids admissions to a circus that would be in New Albany on Monday only. 
Carly had the same free admission coupon, so we decided to venture our way to the circus.  We were about third from the table to pay when a lady announced that all seats were sold and there was floor room only.  I'm not above sitting on the floor, but I was concerned about the kids not being able to see with adults sitting on the floor as well.  As it was, we created our own front row and had some decent seats.
The trapeze artists were really neat.
The white tigers and the lions were cool.  We watched an act of very well trained dogs.  There was a clown who came in and out of the acts doing silly things too.
After about a half hour of circus acts, intermission came.
We sat still in our seats on the floor and waited . . . and waited . . . and waited . . . .
We didn't dare get up or we might lose our precious seats on the floor.  Meanwhile, the natives became restless.  They wanted to ride an elephant.  They wanted popcorn.  They wanted drinks.  They wanted high quality over priced light-up junk toys.
Carly and I tried hard to keep our little natives happy.  Carly splurged on popcorn.  I took pictures.  People were stepping on us like we were invisible.  People dropped peanut shells and spilled drinks on us.
We didn't budge from our seats though!  After AN HOUR of intermission, the show finally began again.  This time, despite having NOT BUDGED FROM OUR PRECIOUS SEATS, we were three or four rows back because these stupid bastards selfish jerks parked their butts in front of us.  We encouraged our kids to scoot forward so they could see.  Carly and I hung back.
The final act was the motorcycles inside the metal ball.  It was very cool and quite amazing.  The second half of the circus was only a half hour.  If you are doing the math, here's the run down:  1/2 hour of circus, 1 hour of intermission, 1/2 hour of circus.

Again, the lesson is that sometimes, you get what you pay for.  I paid $15 for my admission, and the kids were admitted free.  I don't regret going because it satisfied my curiosity.  The kids enjoyed themselves, and that was the most important thing.  When asked about our trip to the circus, I just have to say that it was an experience. . . one I don't plan to repeat.  It was quite an experience to remember though.

1 comment:

Jaime Mac said...

Your description of the intermission was cracking me up! I know it had to SUCK! But you're right - you get what you pay for!