Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Edible Snowballs

I "borrowed" this idea from Jill Pennington's blog. The kids love to help in the kitchen, and of course, they love cookies too. I knew they would love to make some edible snowballs.
This is our finished product. My mixture was a little too sticky so I added some cocoa powder and chocolate chips to the recipe Jill posted. They turned out pretty good.
Grace stirred the cookie batter for me.
I took a "before" picture because I knew that once they started working with the powdered sugar there would be a mess.
What'd I tell ya? The mess is actually not nearly as bad as I expected. They enjoyed rolling the cookie mixture in the powdered sugar.
I think they enjoyed eating the cookies more though.
She stuffed the whole thing in her mouth at once. She had peanut butter drool streaming down her face, and then she wiped her face on her arm. What a nut!

Thanks, Jill, for posting some fun ideas on your blog!

2 comments:

the lewis gang said...

YUMMY!!!

Jill said...

I thought chocolate would be great with this! Looks like you guys had fun! ;)