Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day #IDK?

I am not exactly a thrilled about all of the snow days we've had recently. However, I can't complain about having time at home with my kiddos. It has been helpful with Grace being sick though. I feel guilty every time I leave her lately, not knowing how she's going to feel from one moment to another. We spent our morning doing some fun activities that we would probably only do when trapped in the house by snow.
Uncle Eddie and Aunt Stacey gave the kids t-shirt coloring kids for Christmas. The kids were really excited about them when they received them, but I put them away so we could do them on a day when we needed something "fresh" to do. Today seemed to be a good day to get them out.
Gabriel colored his very intently. I love the tongue sticking out of his mouth to prove his concentration. He has colored his shirt off and on all day long.
Grace LOVES to color, so this seemed like the perfect activity for her. However, she is also easily frustrated, and the t-shirt stretched and slid as she colored it. She ended up getting mad and saying to me, "I want it to look like the picture! So YOU do it!" I colored it for her, and she was quite happy with the final product.
While I colored Grace's t-shirt, the kids played Elefun.
Again, Grace got frustrated because Gabriel is taller and able to catch the butterflies first, and the game didn't last very long.
Next, the kids did alphabet flashcards. Grace is beginning to recognize letters. Today she knew A, G, O, and X with no help.
Finally, while Grace went to the basement to pack her purses, Gabriel and I raced Hot Wheels in the kitchen. The 1969 Pink Cadillac ended up being my favorite car, and it beat every race car he raced against it. Woot! Woot!

So . . . snow days . . . not a bad thing. I just have to remember the fun we're having NOW when June rolls around and I want to be taking the kids to the pool and the zoo.

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I'll be in on the zoo....pool, not so much for me this year! ha!

the lewis gang said...

fun day!!

ditto to what alicia said. not being able to work out plus these nasty veins...the only pool i'm getting in this summer is my parents! :)