Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Friday Night Family Time

The kids have been battling ear infections since Thanksgiving. It seems that their ear infections are antibiotic resistant. Gabriel has taken four antibiotics, and for now, it seems that his ear infection is cleared up. Grace finished her second antibiotic right before New Years, and later the same afternoon started complaining of an ear ache. I took her to the doctor right away because I didn't want her to be in pain over the holiday weekend. The doctor looked at her ears and told me that they looked fine. Hmmm? So Monday and Tuesday she was still complaining of an ear ache and now a headache. Wednesday morning I knew from her complaining, low energy level, and restless sleep that she had an ear infection. I got a call at work Wednesday afternoon that she was running a fever. I picked her up and off to the doctor's office we went. She had a double ear infection! Didn't I tell them that A WEEK AGO?!?! So the doctor prescribed Augmentin and sent us on our way.

Anyhow, Grace's fever would not come down below a hundred Wednesday evening or Thursday. Friday and today she has had moments of fever less than a hundred, but still on-going fever. She has spent a lot of time being really tired and having a headache. She has had no appetite . . . NONE. And to top it all off, this stronger antibiotic has given her diarrhea. It hits her so suddenly that she doesn't even realize it's happening. She went through three pair of pants and underwear within about an hour Friday morning, and she was so frustrated that she sat down in the kitchen and cried. I asked her if she wanted to wear a pull-up so she wouldn't mess her clothes up anymore, and she agreed.

Last night she seemed in to be in a good mood and pretty energetic. Dan wanted to go get some new glasses, and Gabriel needed a new pair of tennis shoes. So we headed to the mall for a little family time. You are probably wondering why I am taking a feverish kid out for the evening, and my answer is . . . Because she was willing and able to go. Have pull-up --- Have Tylenol --- Will travel.

Here are a few pictures from an otherwise unblog-worthy couple of days.

After picking out shoes, we decided to eat dinner at Texas Roadhouse. While we waited the kids wanted to ride the carousel.
This silly 30-second carousel ride costs $1.
When I asked Dan if he wanted take the kids over for a ride, he said that he couldn't because he didn't have any change. So I told him that I would take them because I had change. Wow! I had no idea that I didn't need change for the carousel ride. What a racket!
Grace did not eat any dinner. She just ate a few peanuts. She wanted frozen yogurt from Books a Million though. I was happy to get her some frozen yogurt, if that was something she'd actually eat. Grandma and Papaw met us at Texas Roadhouse for a minute. We met up with them again at Books a Million. They stayed with us while we ate frozen yogurt and made multiple bathroom trips. I know I cut him out of the picture, but Papaw fed Grace her strawberry yogurt.

3 comments:

the lewis gang said...

you guys have had it rough!! poor little boogers!! i hope she is on the mend soon! it's so hard to see them feeling so bad.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

poor guys!! i totally understand needing to get out of the house! i get cabin fever so quickly!! i hope everything is back to 'normal' soon!

Jill said...

I hated to see your school emails and see Grace was sick. :( No fun. Hope she is feeling better.