Cutest Blogs on the Block

Lilypie 7th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Sixth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Pancakes

I made peanut butter pancakes for breakfast this morning. I found the recipe in the January Parents magazine. They are YUM-O!
Here's the recipe:
1 C all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. sugar
1 egg
1 C plus 2 Tbs. milk
1/2 C creamy peanut butter, melted
2 Tbs. oil

Preheat griddle. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Slowly add egg, milk, melted peanut butter, and oil until combined. Let stand 5 minutes. Coat heated griddle with 1 Tbs. butter and pour 1/4 C batter per pancake. Flip when a quick peek on the underside reveals a golden color. Serve with syrup or spread with jelly or jam.
Gabriel approved of the new pancake recipe.

I always buy low sugar peanut butter, so our pancakes were not overly sweet. I spread a thin layer of strawberry preserves on them before serving. I'm telling ya . . . they're good!

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I'll have to try these...or give the recipe to daniel rather. he's our pancake maker. my boys lather peanut butter on top of regular pancakes so i am sure they would LOVE these! thanks for sharing!

the lewis gang said...

yummy! we'll have to try those...darbi, damon and me anyway. jackson is still anti peanut butter. whose kid is he anyway?

Jill said...

These sound delish. Will definitely have to try the recipe. ;)